Thousand Oaks Car Accident Lawyer
An auto accident need only take a few seconds, but it’s consequences might last for a lifetime. Hundreds of people are injured in car accidents in Thousand Oaks and around Ventura County every day. Some of those injuries are severe, and some of the victims even die from their injuries. At Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC, we realize that after being injured in an accident, you need to heal physically, emotionally and financially. We hold the people who cause car accidents accountable, and we want to obtain the maximum compensation for your injuries and damages that you’re entitled to.
Contact us today for a free and confidential consultation.
Common Types of Car Accidents in Thousand Oaks:
Whether the crash occurred on Moorpark Road or on the 101, over the years, we’ve successfully represented car accident victims with regard to their injuries and damages. There are a variety of types of car accidents, and some of them are more dangerous than others. Here are a few of the common types of car crashes that we’ve seen in the past:
- Rear End Collisions: These are typically caused by drivers who are following a vehicle ahead of them too closely. They’re the most common type of traffic crash.
- Sideswipes: Drivers who are traveling in the same direction must remain aware oi the vehicles that are next to them. At medium to high speeds, an impact in a simple lane change can cause one or both drivers involved to lose control of their vehicles.
- Broadsides: These are commonly known as T-Bone crashes that most commonly occur when a vehicle fails to yield the right-of-way to another vehicle at a red light or stop sign.
- Head-On Crashes: These are the most dangerous collisions that a driver or passenger can be in when the front end of one car impacts with the front end of another car.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions: These ordinarily occur when two cars collide, but one or both of them then collides with another vehicle.
- Single Vehicle Accidents: A driver might lose control of a vehicle and crash into a stationary object. That driver might walk away, but a passenger can be severely injured.
What to do at the Accident Scene:
Call 911 immediately and ask that police and paramedics be sent to the scene. The investigating officer can complete an accident report, and the paramedics can stabilize you and get you to Los Robles Regional Medical Center or a nearby suitable emergency room. It is also important to obtain a copy of your accident report.
These are critical steps in proving that you were in an accident and injured in it. As soon as you leave the hospital, call us for a free consultation and case review. We can get you headed in the right direction.
Damages in Car Accident Cases:
Even when you can prove fault for an accident, you must still prove your damages. An opposing insurance company might even admit liability but take exception to your damages. Here are some of the damages that California allows a personal injury victim to pursue:
- Medical Bills: These can consist of items like ambulance bills, emergency room bills and costs of hospitalization, any surgeries and rehabilitation and doctor bills. Even medical bills that are reasonably expected to be incurred in the future can be compensable.
- Lost Earnings: An accident victim might be rendered unable to work, at least temporarily. Some will never work again, while others must find other employment that just doesn’t pay as well. Lost time from work and diminished future employment are compensable in a California personal injury case.
- Permanent Disfigurement or Disability: California law allows compensation for permanent disfigurement, even after surgery. There may even be scar tissue that results in a permanent loss of motion. Of course, other injuries might also cause permanent disability.
- Pain and Suffering: In some cases, an insurance company might argue that pain and suffering is purely subjective, and the victim is exaggerating. In other cases, pain and suffering are obvious and might last a lifetime.
- Wrongful Death: California’s wrongful death statute allows for other valuable damages for survivors in the event that a death was caused by the negligence of somebody else who caused a car accident.
Contact a Thousand Oaks Car Accident Lawyer Today.
After being injured in a car accident that was caused by the carelessness and negligence of somebody else anywhere in Ventura County or Southern California, don’t talk with that opposing insurance company. You’re likely to harm your case.
Contact the Thousand Oaks car accident lawyers at Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC for a confidential free consultation and case analysis. We want to learn more about your accident and how it has impacted your life. We also will provide you with an opportunity to address your initial questions. After that, we’ll advise you on all of your legal options. If you retain us to represent you in your car accident case, our goal will be to obtain the maximum available compensation that you’re entitled to.