Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC, protects injured car accident victims in Thousand Oaks. If your accident involves a careless Uber driver, our skilled Thousand Oaks Uber car accident lawyers work to hold the driver and the driver’s employer fully responsible. We offer a free case consultation to all victims in Ventura County. Contact our office to schedule a case review as soon as possible. It’s a chance to discover what your injury is worth and how to demand what’s fair from auto insurance providers.
Do I Need a Lawyer After a Thousand Oaks Car Accident Caused By An Uber Driver?
If you suffer a serious injury in a collision caused by an Uber driver, whether the driver strikes your car or you are riding in an Uber car at the time, it’s important to speak with a Thousand Oaks Car Accident Lawyer about your options.
Uber is responsible for your safety any time you use their ride-sharing services. Uber and insurance companies are supposed to provide for you while you are recovering and unable to work. But sometimes insurance adjusters work harder trying to save money for their companies. They can try to pin the blame for an accident on you or downplay your injuries. Uber is also a giant corporation that can afford corporate lawyers. These lawyers will be assigned to try to limit the compensation you receive.
A skilled lawyer protects your interests when insurance providers and corporate lawyers try to devalue your claim. Your lawyer also works to get the most possible out of your Uber accident injury claim.
Who Is Responsible After an Accident Involving an Uber Driver?
Uber and Lyft drivers are on busy, local roads in Thousand Oaks like Hillcrest Drive, almost every hour of the day. And rideshare drivers can’t always focus on the lanes ahead. They work with their phones to see ride requests, they then have to decide if they’ll accept the request or look for another one. In these moments staring at a cell phone screen, Uber drivers can miss seeing a red light turn red up ahead.
Uber drivers can also be distracted by their customers or even drowsy and unknowingly veer between lanes on Highway 23. These work hazards behind the wheel can lead to devastating accidents. Unlike a normal traffic collision, a crash involving a rideshare employee can leave several parties at fault at once. Victims could file claims with each of these parties in hopes of getting full compensation to pay every recovery expense.
These are just some of the parties that may be held responsible in an Uber collision:
- The Uber Driver: Uber employees are required to carry auto insurance, but this will usually be the bare minimum in coverage. You may get an Uber car accident settlement check that doesn’t cover all of your hospital and physical therapy bills before the insurance limits are reached.
- Uber: Uber provides up to a million dollars in accident insurance for drivers and their victims. This money is available if the crash occurs while the Uber driver has a passenger at the time or if they are on the way to pick up a passenger. There’s less coverage if an Uber driver hits your car while simply driving around with the app on, waiting on a ride request.
- Another driver on the road: A driver could strike the Uber car you are in. If the Uber driver wasn’t to blame, you’d probably focus on filing an injury claim against the driver’s auto insurer.
- Your Uninsured/Underinsured Driver Policy: If Uber and the Uber driver’s insurance provider refuse to take the blame for your injuries, you may have to rely on your own car accident insurance. You could file a claim against your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Working with your own insurance representatives can also be frustrating. Your insurer will attempt to limit the support you receive.
Compensation Available for Uber Accident Victims
Your Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC, representative will be sure to list every hardship you and your family have endured on an injury claim. Anything that gets omitted from this list won’t be able to earn you additional money in an Uber car accident settlement check.
These are just some of the factors that will be considered when deciding how much you receive in a personal injury accident settlement check:
- Past medical bills and medical bills reasonably expected to be incurred in the future.
- Past lost earnings and earnings reasonably expected to be lost in the future.
- Long-term support for any permanent disfigurement or disability.
- Support for the pain victims endure in crashes and through recovery.
- Support for the emotional trauma caused by a major accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
- Support for your travel costs as you venture to other cities to see specialists.
- Wrongful death support. If you lose a precious loved one in an accident due to someone’s carelessness, you can ask for help in the coming years through a wrongful death claim.
Contact a Thousand Oaks Uber Car Accident Lawyer
Schedule a free case review with a Thousand Oaks Uber Car Accident Attorney here at Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC. We can talk about what happened, how it happened, and how it has affected you or your loved one. After that, we will go over all of the legal options available to you and your family.
There’s no obligation for your free case review, but if you decide we can help you earn more for your case, you won’t need any money to hire Quirk Law. We don’t get paid unless we win your case for you. Then our fee comes out of the compensation you and your family receive from Uber.
Don’t take on Uber and its teams of lawyers by yourself. Allow a skilled attorney to fight to maximize the financial support you receive in a settlement check.