Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a family member have been injured in a motorcycle crash that was caused by the carelessness and negligence of somebody else, contact the Thousand Oaks motorcycle accident lawyers at Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC.
We represent motorcycle accident victims throughout Southern California.
The USC Study
The most authoritative motorcycle accident study in the United States was commissioned by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) through the University of Southern California Traffic Safety Center. It concluded that in multiple vehicle accidents, the driver of another vehicle violated a motorcyclist’s right-of-way about 67% of the time. The most frequent accident configuration was with the motorcyclist traveling straight ahead with another vehicle making a left turn in front of it.
In terms of injuries and fatalities, according to the Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System, the most dangerous counties for riding a motorcycle in Southern California are Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
As per the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, motorcyclists who are wearing a helmet in an accident reduce the risk of death by 67% and the risk of a head injury by 69%. Even if a motorcyclist is wearing a helmet, a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can be suffered. Some TBIs are impossible to recover from. Here are some other common motorcycle accident injuries:
- Spinal Cord Injuries: If a victim suffers a spinal cord injury in a motorcycle accident, it’s likely to cause paraplegia or quadriplegia. There is little that can be done for these conditions, so they usually result in permanent disability.
- Lower Extremity Fractures: The NHTSA has determined that lower extremity fractures and injuries are suffered more frequently than other motorcycle accident injuries. As opposed to foot and ankle fractures, leg fractures were the most common lower extremity injuries.
- Other Fractures: Aside from leg fractures, other fractures anywhere between the hips and the skull can be suffered. Fractured wrists, arms and collarbones are common.
- Damage to Internal Organs: A motorcycle accident victim can bleed to death from damage to internal organs. Such damage can be caused by penetration or blunt force trauma.
- Road Rash: The pavement that motorcyclists ride on is highly abrasive. Road rash consists to skin abrasions. It’s often the cause of infections and permanent scarring.
Compensation for Damages
After a motorcycle accident, a seriously injured motorcyclist is likely to be overwhelmed by medical bills, financial pressure and emotional trauma. When that accident was caused by the carelessness and negligence of somebody else, the motorcyclist is likely entitled to pursue compensation for their damages. Those might include the following:
- Past and present medical bills along with medical bills that will be incurred in the future.
- Past and present lost earnings along with earnings expected to be lost in the future.
- Repair of or the actual cash value of the victim’s motorcycle.
- Any permanent scarring or disfigurement.
- Any partial or permanent disability.
- Pain and suffering.
- Diminished enjoyment of life.
- Other valuable damages in the event of a wrongful death.
Contact a Thousand Oaks Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or somebody you love suffered injuries in a Southern California motorcycle accident, contact the Thousand Oaks motorcycle accident lawyers at Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC as soon as possible for a free consultation and case review with an aggressive, skilled and experienced Southern California motorcycle accident attorney.
We want to learn more about your accident and provide you with the opportunity to ask any questions you might have. After we provide you with an overview of your legal options, we can begin to work together to craft your case.
From the beginning, the Quirk will give you candid and practical answers. Unlike the insurance companies, we do not believe you are a statistic.
Quirk is different. We treat you like a person, and you get personalized attention and real answers.
Thank you for visiting our site. We look forward to hearing from you.