Ventura Personal Injury Lawyer
An accident in or around Ventura that’s caused by the carelessness and negligence of a person or entity might occur over the course of a few seconds, but it can drastically change a victim for life. Far too often, victims are left with unpaid medical bills, permanent disfigurement or disability, pain, suffering and significant loss of income. The more serious that a victim’s injuries are, the more difficult it is for him or her to get their life back on track. Their families are affected too. A quality, skilled and aggressive Ventura personal injury lawyer should be retained right away. Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC is a Ventura personal injury law firm that provides personalized and highly effective legal services to accident victims in and around Ventura. It’s the goal of the team at Quirk to obtain the highest settlement or verdict that our clients deserve.
Types of Accident Cases We Handle
At Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC, we focus our practice exclusively on personal injury law. Here are some examples of the types of cases that we represent clients in:
- Aviation, train and bus crashes.
- Truck crashes involving semi-trailers, tankers, flatbeds and dump trucks.
- Automobile, motorcycle, bicycle and pedestrian accidents.
- Accidents on construction and industrial sites.
- Premises liability accidents involving slip-and-falls, trip-and-falls or falling merchandise or displays.
- Dog or other animal attacks.
- Wrongful death.
Some Examples of Injuries Our Ventura Personal Injury Lawyer Represents Clients On
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: These might be closed like when the brain smashes against the sides of the skull or brain tissue becomes torn. They might also be open like when a piece of the skull or a foreign object penetrates the skull and brain. These are long lasting or permanent injuries.
- Spinal Cord Tears: Even in the 21st century, it’s impossible for a surgeon to repair a torn spinal cord. These are permanent injuries that leave a victim a paraplegic or quadriplegic. Life care plans must be carefully thought out and implemented.
- Amputations: A complete or partial loss of a limb might be immediate from accident trauma or surgical out of necessity. Permanent disfigurement and disability will result, and damages will be extensive.
- Fractures: Broken bones can be suffered in just about any type of accident, they must often be repaired surgically with implantation of surgical hardware like pins, screws or plates. Some type of permanent disability is likely to result.
- Spinal Injuries: The structure of the spine consists of bone, spinal discs, muscles, nerves, blood vessels, ligaments and tendons. Injuries to the spinal structure can be incredibly painful and even affect a victim’s strength and mobility.
- Injuries to Joints: Fractures or dislocations of shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees and ankles can all be suffered in an accident. Many of such injuries require surgical repair. There’s likely to be permanent disability with these types of injuries too.
Don’t Trust the Opposing Insurance Company
Whenever an insured person causes an accident and injuries or the death of somebody else, it knows that there’s potential for significant financial loss. Its adjuster will begin exercising damage control and do whatever is necessary to try and devalue or deny the injured person’s claim. If an opposing insurance adjuster contacts you, don’t think that you’re in good hands or with a good neighbor no matter how concerned that individual might sound. It’s that adjuster’s job to save their employer as much money as possible, and if he or she is successful in devaluing or even denying a claim, they’ve done their job.
Don’t take the chance of jeopardizing your claim or lawsuit by speaking with or giving any kind of a statement to an opposing insurance company. Whatever you say can be used against you. Rather than doing that, contact a Ventura personal injury lawyer at Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC as soon as you can after an accident. You’ll be listened to carefully and your questions will be answered. Then, you’ll be thoroughly advised on all of your legal options.