The Ventura car accident lawyers at Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC, are ready to stand with injured victims. We want to hold at-fault drivers fully responsible so that victims get the care they need without having to worry about hospital bills and other hardships during recovery.
Contact our office to schedule a free and confidential case consultation with a real Ventura personal injury lawyer. This meeting comes with no obligation. It’s a free chance to learn about the level of support you should expect and how to secure what’s fair from unhelpful car insurance companies.
Ventura Car Accident Dangers
Ventura is a beautiful place, but sometimes our popular beaches and tourist spots can lead to city traffic jams and hazards. Ventura residents heading off to work or class, or running out for groceries can fight through local traffic full of careless drivers. They may also have to beware of tourist traffic on busy routes like Highway 101 and the Santa Paula Freeway.
At any moment, a careless driver can make a mistake and force innocent victims into an accident. Motorists can be looking at the ocean or at a map on a cellphone instead of noticing a traffic light ahead turned red. Rear-end collisions can leave victims with painful neck injuries and cause fractured leg and arm bones.
Drivers attempting to turn left at a busy intersection like Victoria Avenue and Telegraph Road can jump the gun and pull out in front of oncoming traffic. A poorly-timed turn can leave other drivers no time or space to avoid a devastating T-bone accident.
This doesn’t even count the damage that drunk drivers and hit-and-run drivers can do. Ventura car accident lawyers safeguard crash victims after they’ve been injured. Lawyers fight for full support for Ventura and Ventura County car crash victims and their families. They can also help victims earn compensation after being hit by uninsured drivers, or when they are struck by a hit-and-run driver that remains unidentified.
What to Do After a Ventura Car Accident
You may be out for a family day trip to San Buenaventura State Beach when a reckless sightseer loses control and sideswipes your car. You could be on Telephone Road looking for a lunch spot when a distracted driver veers into oncoming traffic and strikes you head-on.
You could be left unconscious and/or in a lot of pain after a collision. Unfortunately, those initial moments after a crash are the best time to secure strong evidence that proves who was to blame for an impact. Some of this evidence will disappear once a scene is cleared. Some witnesses will be hard to track down once they’ve left the accident site.
If you are left physically able, and the scene is secure, try to collect these details right after a Ventura car accident:
- Dial 911. Tell Ventura police or the California Highway Patrol everything you can remember about what happened so they can prepare an accurate collision report. Let paramedics check every pain you have and go to the emergency room if necessary.
- Use your cellphone to get pictures of the damage to vehicles. Show traffic signs, speed limit signs, and lane markings that have something to do with what happened. Demonstrate any visible injuries.
- Find out what witnesses saw. Get contact information so your Ventura car accident lawyer can contact them for testimony later.
- Exchange information with the drivers involved unless an officer collects that information for you.
- Schedule an appointment with your own doctor in the days that follow. Get every new pain you experience checked out. Follow the doctor’s instructions.
- Alert your car insurance company about what happened before the other driver contacts your insurer claiming that you were at fault.
Compensation Available After a Car Accident in Ventura
After being injured in an accident that was caused by a careless and negligent driver, you’ll need to seek compensation through a car accident injury insurance claim.
You’ll be hoping to secure a settlement check that factors in every hardship you and your family have faced since the accident. First, you’ll need to form an accurate list of every physical, emotional, and financial damage you’ve suffered.
Your car accident lawyer will make sure these and other hardships factor into the amount you receive:
- Past medical bills and medical bills reasonably expected to be incurred in the future.
- Past lost earnings and earnings reasonably expected to be lost in the future.
- Long-term support for any permanent disfigurement or disability.
- Support for the pain victims endure in crashes and through recovery.
- Support for the emotional trauma caused by a major accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
Frequently Asked Questions After a Ventura Car Accident
How long can I wait to file a car accident claim?
Two years. You must file your claim within two years of the collision. However, you should act as soon as possible so that evidence doesn’t disappear, and witnesses don’t become harder to locate.
Can my family earn compensation if a loved one was killed in a car accident?
Yes. Families should file wrongful death claims to earn support for funeral costs and remaining medical bills. They must also receive support for the guidance and income the victim can no longer provide in the future.
Should I talk to the insurance provider of the at-fault driver?
Only provide basic information. Insurance adjusters will ask for a recorded statement from you. Refuse. They are hoping you say something they can twist around later to hurt your case. Refer them to your lawyer.
Contact a Ventura Car Accident Lawyer
Schedule a free case review with our Ventura Car Accident Lawyers here at Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC. We can talk about what happened, how it happened, and how it has affected you or your loved one. After that, we will go over all of the legal options available to you and your family.
There’s no obligation and if you do hire us to represent your car crash injury claim, you won’t need to worry about paying us. We don’t get paid unless we win your case for you and then our fee comes out of the settlement you receive from an auto insurance company.