How to Get an Accident Report in Simi Valley

After a frightening accident along a busy road like Highway 118 or Madera Road, Simi Valley victims will likely want a copy of the collision report that the officer on the scene creates.

This Simi Valley accident report offers some proof of what happened and who the investigator believes was at fault. This report can make a difference in determining who has to cover injury costs for victims and whose insurance will be called upon for support.

Contact a Simi Valley Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Accident Consultation

After a crash, you’ll want to make sure you have an accident report and other evidence to build a strong case in your defense. This helps prevent an at-fault driver’s car insurance representative from trying to blame you for an accident you didn’t cause.

Having a lawyer on your side can help in protecting you from unfair treatment from insurance adjusters. Your lawyer will also be securing your collision report for you to provide additional proof of what really happened.

Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC in Simi Valley offers a free case consultation to all local victims. Contact us to schedule your free case review. There’s no obligation and it’s a way to find out the benefits you can demand from a car insurer. If you decide hiring us can help you earn more, you won’t need to have any money on hand. We don’t get paid unless we win your case for you, and then our payment comes out of the injury settlement you receive.

How to Secure an Accident Report from the Simi Valley Police Department

To secure a collision report from an accident worked by a Simi Valley police officer, you would email the department at You should include a picture or copy of your driver’s license and some information on your accident.

You would receive a reply email in a few days with further instructions on how to secure the full report. There is a small fee for getting a copy of your collision report. You should wait several days after an accident before requesting a report, allowing time for it to be finished.

For further questions please call the Simi Valley Police Records Division at (805) 583-6976.

Simi Valley California Highway Patrol Collision Reports

The California Highway Patrol may have led the investigation into your accident. In that case, you would need to fill out a request form which you can find here, along with other instructions.

You can bring your completed form to the nearest California Highway Patrol office to your collision scene.  You may also mail it in.

The CHP Branch nearest to Simi Valley and the surrounding area is in Moorpark:

(770) Moorpark

610 Spring Road

Moorpark, CA 93021-1278