How to Get an Accident Report in Oxnard

A frightening accident on Highway 101 or on Gonzales Road can leave Oxnard drivers and passengers with serious injuries and a totaled car. Victims will likely want a copy of the collision report from the accident to make it easier to secure support in recovery.

This accident report offers some proof of what happened and identifies who the investigator believes was at fault. This report can make a difference in determining who has to cover hospital bills for injured victims and whose insurance will be called upon for compensation.

Contact an Oxnard Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Accident Consultation

After a crash, you’ll want to make sure you have an accident report and other evidence to build a strong case in your defense. This helps prevent an at-fault driver’s car insurance company from trying to blame you for an accident you didn’t cause.

A skilled local lawyer Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC is a safeguard against unfair treatment while you are at your most vulnerable. We offer a free case consultation to all Oxnard and Ventura County victims. Contact us to schedule your free case review.

There’s no obligation and it’s a way to find out what benefits you can demand from a car insurer. If you decide hiring us can help you earn more, you won’t need to have any money on hand. We don’t get paid unless we win your case for you, and then our payment comes out of the injury settlement you receive.

How to Secure an Accident Report from the Oxnard Police Department

The Oxnard Police Department has a partnership with CRASHDOCS by CarFax to distribute collision reports. You can visit this link to request an accident report through CRASHDOCS.

You’ll need a report number and the last name of the person involved. You’ll also need to input the date of the accident. Once your report is found you’ll be able to download a copy. There will be a small fee.

California Highway Patrol Oxnard Collision Reports

The California Highway Patrol may have led the investigation into your accident. In that case, you would need to fill out a request form which you can find here, along with other instructions.

You can bring your completed form to the nearest California Highway Patrol office to your collision scene.  You may also mail it in.

The CHP Branch nearest to Oxnard and the surrounding area could be in one of two places:


(765) Ventura

4656 Valentine Road

Ventura, CA 93003-5740

(805) 662-2640


(770) Moorpark

610 Spring Road

Moorpark, CA 93021-1278

(805) 553-0800