Simi Valley motorcyclists can go in almost any direction to find a good ride. They may be heading towards the coast or into Los Angeles on Highway 118. They may simply be going to work or in search of lunch along Cochran Street.
No matter where they go, the biggest hazard they’ll face is careless drivers who aren’t paying full attention to the road. These motorists can be unaware of the motorcyclists beside them or in oncoming lanes when they make a mistake.
A rider could be struck and then suffer a second collision with the pavement. A Simi Valley Motorcycle Accident Lawyer makes sure injured riders get the time they need to heal without the worry of mounting hospital bills.
Contact a Simi Valley Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation on Your Options
After you or a loved one suffers a motorcycle injury caused by a careless driver, don’t waste time wondering if you should file an insurance claim. Take advantage of a free consultation with a real Simi Valley Motorcycle Accident Lawyer to find out what your injury may be worth and how to hold a car insurance company fully responsible.
Contact Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC, to schedule a free case review today. If you decide we can help you maximize your injury settlement you won’t have to worry about paying us. We don’t get paid unless we win your case from you. At that point, our fee comes out of the settlement money you earn.
Motorcycle Accident Dangers in Simi Valley
Reckless drivers cause more harm to riders than potholes and tight curves ever will. Drivers often insist they couldn’t see the smaller profile of a motorcyclist. It’s just an excuse for distracted drivers who don’t watch the road closely enough or fail to look in mirrors and check blind spots properly.
The offenses are often the same. Drivers turning left can get anxious as they wait for vehicles to pass so they can turn. They may hit the gas without noticing an oncoming motorcyclist right in front of them. Drivers can also be counted on to miss traffic lights turn red or slowed traffic only to rear-end a defenseless motorcycle stopped ahead.
Motorists are also known to miss the rider who is lane splitting (which is perfectly legal in California) beside them and switch lanes only to knock someone from a motorcycle. Lane changes on the freeway and merging also commonly lead to devastating motorcycle collisions.
The motorcycle accident attorneys with Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC, want safe rides for every motorcyclist. We also fight for injured motorcyclists so that they can focus on healing and getting back to their rides instead of stressing about the paychecks they are missing at work while in recovery.
What to Do After a Simi Valley Motorcycle Accident
Some of the most convincing evidence in a motorcycle accident will be found on the scene of the crash. That’s why riders, if they are able, should try to gather details on the scene in the moments after a collision. That proof of what happened will help build a strong case a car insurance company can’t reject.
If injured victims must leave the scene, they should ask someone with them or a helpful witness to collect this evidence:
- Call 911. Get every injury checked out by paramedics and go to the hospital if necessary. Give officers a full account of what happened.
- Get pictures of the damaged motorcycle and the damage done to the vehicle involved. Show any visible injuries. Take photos of lane markings and traffic signs. Show that you were wearing a helmet if you had one on.
- Get contact information from witnesses.
- Exchange information with the drivers involved unless Simi Valley Police or the CHP provide that information to you.
- Schedule an appointment with your own doctor, even if you go to the emergency room.
- Preserve evidence like your damaged motorcycle and helmet. Keep bloody, damaged clothing.
What Kinds of Things Can I Earn Compensation for After a Motorcycle Accident?
A key step in the insurance claim will be the creation of a complete list of hardships a rider and the rider’s family experience. Every damage, both economic and non-economic, must be included when an injury claim is filed.
Anything left off this list can end up as an expense you or your family would have to cover. Your Simi Valley Motorcycle Accident Lawyer would oversee this list to see that nothing was forgotten. Your lawyer will be including some hardships you may not have known could qualify for additional compensation.
These and other damages can all increase a Simi Valley motorcycle accident injury settlement:
- Current medical bills and estimates on the cost of care expected to be necessary for the future.
- Lifelong support for permanent disfigurement or disability. This may include long-term support if a motorcycle collision victim can’t return to work and no longer has a way to support close family members.
- Pain and suffering. Motorcycle accident victims can end up with chronic pain that can greatly affect their lifestyles. Support can be requested for the emotional trauma the driver must cope with after a frightening motorcycle accident. This could include debilitating PTSD symptoms about getting back out on the road. The loss of enjoyment of life after an injury may cause anxiety and depression while a victim must stay off a motorcycle.
- Past lost wages and benefits in connection with the attack along with any loss of wages reasonably expected to be suffered in the future.
- Compensation for motorcycle repairs or replacement.
- Wrongful Death Benefits. When riders are tragically killed in accidents, the families left behind are encouraged to file a wrongful death claim. This claim earns support for close relatives, like a spouse or children, as they face a future without the guidance and economic assistance a loved one would have provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I wait to file a Simi Valley motorcycle accident claim?
Two years. You must file your claim within two years of the motorcycle crash. However, you should act as soon as possible so that evidence doesn’t disappear, and witnesses don’t become harder to locate.
What if I can’t afford a motorcycle accident lawyer?
Anyone can afford to hire a Quirk motorcycle accident lawyer. We don’t get paid unless we win your case for you and your family. At that point, our fee comes out of the settlement you receive from an auto insurance company.
Contact a Simi Valley Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The Simi Valley motorcycle accident lawyers at Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC, are ready to stand with local motorcycle collision victims. We want to hold at-fault drivers and their insurance providers fully responsible so that injured riders get the care they need without having to worry about enormous medical bills. We also don’t let unfair insurance adjusters try to blame riders for accidents they didn’t cause.
Contact our office to schedule a free and confidential case consultation. This meeting comes with no obligation to you or your family. We want to hear about how a serious motorcycle accident has affected your life and the lives of the people you love.