Oxnard Personal Injury Lawyer
Just about all personal injury cases are based on the law of negligence. If another individual, business entity or government agency is careless and negligent and injures or even kills somebody else, it can be determined to be negligent and liable for the victim’s damages. If you’ve been injured as a result of the carelessness and negligence of somebody else in or around Oxnard, California law allows you to pursue compensation for your injuries and damages.
Some Types of Cases Our Oxnard Personal Injury Lawyer Handles
What comes to issue is that the allegedly negligent party is likely represented by experienced insurance defense lawyers who protect their clients’ bank accounts. That’s why you’ll want to contact our Oxnard personal injury lawyer at Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC as soon as you can after being injured in any accident. Whenever possible, he’s going to recommend acceptance of a full and fair settlement so that clients can move forward with their lives. If the defendant is obstinate and unreasonable, he has no problem taking the case to trial. In either case, his clients receive personal and quality representation throughout their claim or lawsuit. Here are just some of the types of personal injury cases that he handles:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Eight motor vehicle fatalities occurred in Oxnard in 2019, and it’s estimated that more than 1,000 other motor vehicle accident victims were injured. We help the victims of pedestrian accidents, motorcycle accidents, and bicycle accidents seek justice and financial security through recovery.
- Premises Liability Accidents: These include slip-and-falls, trip-and-falls and falls from heights at homes, government property and businesses. The law of premises liability even includes merchandise falling from above onto customers at stores like Walmart or Costco.
- Construction Accidents: Injured construction workers might not be limited to workers’ compensation laws. They might also be protected by California personal injury laws. Our Oxnard personal injury lawyer can tell you how both sets of laws might apply in your case.
- Product Liability: Severe injuries can be caused by dangerously defective products like machinery, medications, medical devices or chemicals.
- Dog Bites: Children are particularly vulnerable to severe injuries and scarring when dogs attack. California recognizes the physical and emotional damage that can be caused. California’s legislature has enacted a strict liability dog bite statute.
- Wrongful Death: Even the simple carelessness and negligence can result in the death of a person’s loved one. California has its own wrongful death laws that control who can bring a wrongful death case and the damages that they might be awarded.
You’re Cautioned About Speaking with the Opposing Insurance Company
Whenever a liability insurance company learns that its insured person caused an accident and injuries or a death, it knows that it’s facing financial exposure, and it’s going to try and limit that exposure. Those efforts will involve attempts to devalue or even deny a personal injury claim against its insured person. One of the ways that it will try to do that is by taking control of a personal injury claim early on before the victim even has an opportunity to consult with an attorney about being compensated for his or her injuries and damages. California law doesn’t require an innocent accident victim to help an opposing insurance company set up its defense against him or her. Victims can’t allow themselves to be threatened or intimidated by aggressive insurance adjusters. Nor should they be influenced by an adjuster’s attempts at friendly persuasion. They’re likely to significantly devalue their own case by doing so. They must keep the fact in mind that it’s the job of the adjuster to save his or her employer as much money as possible. If a representative from the opposing insurance company contacts you before you can contact us, politely refuse to speak with that adjuster.
Rather than jeopardizing any compensation that you might receive, contact the Oxnard personal injury lawyer at Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC for a no-cost confidential consultation and case review at your earliest opportunity. We can talk about how the accident has affected you and your family, and your questions will be answered too. After that, we can talk about how you can best control your case.