Pedestrians are exposed, unprotected, and vulnerable to severe disabling injuries or even death if they’re hit by a careless and negligent driver in Echo Park. Not only do they have to endure severe physical and emotional pain, but there are profound financial consequences too.
If you were injured or a family member was killed as a result of a negligent driver in or around Echo Park, contact Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC to speak with an experienced Echo Park pedestrian accident lawyer about the possibility of bringing a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Echo Park
Most Echo Park pedestrian accidents directly or indirectly tie into a driver’s failure to yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian. Here are a few common examples:
- When a pedestrian is in the middle of a marked or unmarked crosswalk, and a driver fails to stop or yield to the pedestrian.
- Distracted drivers on a phone call, texting, using an infotainment center, or being otherwise distracted when a pedestrian is in a crosswalk.
- Speeding drivers who cause a pedestrian in a crosswalk to misjudge the speed of the approaching vehicle.
- Drivers who are under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or a combination of the two and strikes a pedestrian.
- When a driver fails to use a turn signal before turning, and a pedestrian misinterprets that driver’s intentions.
Common Injuries Caused by Pedestrian Accidents
A small sub-compact car weighing 2,500 pounds can cause severe injuries to or even kill a pedestrian. Here are a few examples of some common injuries suffered by pedestrians upon being hit by a car:
- Traumatic brain injuries caused by the victim’s skull hitting the pavement.
- Spinal cord injuries from the victim’s head and neck being traumatized by the impact of the car hitting the victim’s body and then hitting the pavement.
- Hip and leg fractures caused by the offending vehicle or the pavement.
- Internal organ damage from hitting the pavement.
- Severe lacerations or abrasions from the offending car, the pavement or both.
- Wrongful death.
Hit-and-Run Pedestrian Accidents in Echo Park
The City of Los Angeles is perpetually at or near the top of hit-and-run accidents in the United States. A thorough investigation of the circumstances surrounding a hit-and-run pedestrian accident might locate the driver of the vehicle or disclose other insurance that might be used to obtain compensation for you or your family member.
Contact an Echo Park Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident in Echo Park, it is important to contact an Echo Park pedestrian accident lawyer. We are happy to provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation so that you can have a full understanding of your legal options as you move forward with your case. Contact us today, as California has strict filing deadlines that you don’t want to miss.