A bone fracture can be an extremely painful injury. They can take a considerable amount of time to heal and in many cases, treatment can be costly. If you are in an accident that results in broken bones, you may be entitled to compensation for the pain, suffering and financial loss that accompanies such an unfortunate event. When you need help with a personal injury claim, a Downey bone fracture injury attorney will be uniquely qualified to assist you with the litigation.
Characteristics of the fracture
Regardless of the type of incident that caused the broken bone, a lot goes into making a case for a bone fracture lawsuit. One factor that is important is the severity of the injury and how it will affect the life of the plaintiff. Every broken bone is different and one of the keys that will help to illustrate the severity of a broken bone is the type of fracture that the individual sustained. Some types of fractures include:
- Stress fracture: A stress fracture may also be described as a hairline fracture. They are most often caused by repetitive stress like with running or jumping or a contributing factor could be a medical condition that weakens the bones
- Greenstick fracture: This is an incomplete break where the bone bends and cracks, but does not suffer a full fracture
- Oblique fracture: A fracture where the break is in a diagonal or sloping pattern
- Transverse fracture: This is where the break is straight through the bone
- Comminuted fracture: A break where the bone fractures into many pieces
Getting compensation for a broken bone
A person that has suffered a broken bone will require serious medical treatment. This can cost many thousands of dollars and depending on the severity of the break and if there are any additional injuries, it could lead to some level of permanent disability. For the injured party, this means high medical bills, pain and suffering, time away from work and the possibility that they will never fully regain their physical abilities.
To get fair compensation for these injuries and the impact that they will have on your life, you need the help of a skilled personal injury lawyer. One that can not only demonstrate that you have been injured because of the actions of another person, but also how this injury has had an effect on your life and how it could impact your life in the future.
The Quirk Law Group is a practice that has experience with a broad range of different types of personal injury lawsuits. Our Downey bone fracture injury attorneys have experience with claims relating to everything from car accidents to defective products and more. If you are injured and in need of advice, contact our offices to arrange for a consultation.