You just don’t know when a car crash might occur that causes serious injuries or even death in or around Camarillo, CA. If the injuries or death were caused by the carelessness and negligence of another person or entity, or the decedent’s you or your family members can seek compensation for the damages that were suffered.
You’re going to need representation from a law firm that you can trust with an established history of successfully settling claims and litigating lawsuits. That’s why you’ll want to retain the experienced and effective Ventura County law firm of Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC as soon as you can after being seriously injured or losing a loved one in a Camarillo car accident. We use our knowledge and understanding of California law on behalf of our clients to ensure the best outcome for them.
Common Causes of Camarillo Car Accidents
There are a wide variety of causes of Camarillo car crashes. Here are some examples of the types of carelessness and negligence that cause them:
- Speeding: When a driver is exceeding the speed limit, his or her ability to perceive and avoid danger ahead is diminished, so there is less time to react. Increased speed also means a heavier impact, so there are increased chances of severe injuries or death. Speed zones have been established for a reason.
- Driving Too Fast For Conditions: This is a form of speeding, even when a driver is traveling under the posted speed limit. That driver might be careless and negligent by weaving in and out of traffic or tailgating. That same driver can drive too fast for weather conditions like rain or fog too and create a danger on the roadway.
- Distracted Driving: Get on the 101 Freeway, and you’ll see drivers participating in all sorts of distractions, especially talking on a phone or texting while driving. Texting while driving is the most dangerous form of distraction. It takes a driver’s eyes off of the road, hands off of the steering wheel and mind off of driving.
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or both results in impaired coordination, perception, judgment and reaction time. We’ve all learned enough about the dangers presented by driving under the influence, but people continue to do it. Injuries or a death caused by a DUI driver might be a basis for an award of punitive damages.
- Stop Sign and Stop Light Violations: They might take a few extra seconds or minutes for a driver getting from one place to another, but stop signs and lights are in place for purposes of public safety. Running stop sign or a red light might injure somebody else, and it might kill you or a family member.
California law allows auto accident victims to seek both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages generally consist of medical bills and expenses, lost earnings and out-of-pocket expenses as a result of the accident. Non-items like economic damages might consist of pain and suffering, permanent disfigurement or disability, pain and suffering and diminished enjoyment of life.
Should I Hire a Camarillo CA Car Accident Lawyer to Help Me?
By all means, you should at least consult with a Camarillo car accident lawyer about the options that are available to you in your car accident case. Unless your injuries were minor scrapes or bruises, you’ll serve your best interests well in retaining one to represent you. According to the Insurance Research Institute, claimants who are represented by attorneys receive settlements that are 3.5 times higher than unrepresented claimants.
Contact a Camarillo Car Accident Lawyer Today.
Don’t give the opposing insurance company any type of a statement. The law doesn’t require you to do that, and your own words will only be used against you in the future. Instead, contact us for a free and confidential consultation and case review. We promise to listen to you carefully and advise you of all of your legal options. Upon being hired, our intention will be to obtain the highest settlement or award possible for you.