Bozeman Personal Injury Lawyer
As we go about our daily lives, the possibilities of suffering serious injuries in an accident are far greater than we might think. Every day, innocent victims are injured as a result of the carelessness and negligence of somebody else. Such accidents and injuries give rise to personal injury claims and lawsuits when those victims pursue compensation for the injuries and damages that they suffered. If you or a family member were injured in an accident in or around Billings, MT that was the fault of somebody else, contact a Billings personal injury lawyer at Quirk Accident and Injury Attorneys, APC as soon as you can. You can tell us what happened, and we can answer your questions and advise you of the full range of your legal rights and options. It won’t cost you a penny to consult with us either. If we’re retained to represent you in your claim or lawsuit, there’s no up-front retainer fee either.
Common Injuries We See
There are a wide variety of personal injury cases that victims can suffer. Some of the more common ones that we see in our practice follow:
- Brain Injuries: These might range from a concussion to a permanent and debilitating brain injury like a piece of bone or a foreign object having penetrated the skull. Most brain injuries are caused by trauma.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Nearly all spinal cord injuries are caused by trauma that results in a fracture or dislocation of one or more vertebrae. If a tear of the spinal cord occurs, it’s highly likely that paraplegia or quadriplegia will result.
- Spinal Injuries: Displaced vertebrae, discs or herniated discs are all commonly associated with traumatic impacts. Direct trauma to the spine isn’t necessary for such an injury to occur. A simple rear-end motor vehicle collision is sufficient.
- Damage to Internal Organs: Such injuries are caused by either blunt force trauma or the penetration of an organ. When an internal organ is damaged, internal bleeding is also a concern.
- Amputation: The overwhelming majority of amputations result from trauma. A limb might be fully or partially torn off or crushed. In some cases, surgical amputation of a limb is necessary after an accident.
- Fractures: Many fractures must be surgically repaired which results in hospitalizations, lengthy recovery periods and hardware permanently implanted to hold the bone together. At a least, residual pain and discomfort can be expected.
- Joint Injuries: These include shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle injuries, most of which will require surgery for purposes of restoring stability and range of motion. Most joint injuries that require surgery result in some level of permanent disability.
- Facial Disfigurement: Victims of disfiguring facial scars might be confronted with extensive reconstructive surgery. The emotional scars of facial disfigurement can be significant, particularly with females.
- Whiplash and Soft Tissue Injuries: Motor vehicle accidents, slip-and-falls and trip-and-falls are typical causes of whiplash and soft tissue injuries. They can occur at just about any level of the body, especially in the neck and back. Soft tissue injuries might be some of the most common injuries that victims can suffer.
Common Causes of Personal Injuries:
No two accidents are the same, nor are any two accident victims. What might be a serious spinal injury requiring surgery to one person might be a routine soft tissue injury to somebody else. Just some of the types of accidents that we represent accident victims in follow:
- Auto accidents.
- Crashes involving semi-trailers, tanker trucks, flatbeds, dump trucks and delivery trucks.
- Motorcycle accidents.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents.
- Construction and industrial accidents.
- Slip-and-falls and trip-and-falls.
- Falling merchandise in big box stores.
- Dog attacks.
- Accidents caused by dangerously defective products.
- Medical malpractice.
- Wrongful death.
Damages in Montana Personal Injury Cases:
When we prove negligence in a personal injury case, a client is entitled to an award of damages. Pursuant to Montana personal injury laws, damages are generally categorized as economic and non-economic. Economic damages aren’t particularly complicated. They typically consist of past and future medical bills, lost earnings or diminished income and out-of-pocket expenses. It’s the non-economic damages that are problematic because they can’t be quantified like economic damages. Depending on the nature and extent of the injuries, these non-economic damages might consist of pain and suffering, any permanent disfigurement or disability, loss of a normal life or loss of consortium. In the event of a wrongful death, other valuable damages can be awarded.
Contact a Bozeman Montana Personal Injury Lawyer
After you or a family member have been injured in an accident, don’t try to work with the opposing insurance company on your own. Its adjuster is only trying to compensate you as little as possible for your injuries and damages while saving his or her employer large sums. Arrange for that free consultation instead with an experienced, respected and aggressive Bozeman personal injury lawyer at Quirk Accident and Injury Attorneys, APC right away. We put the pressure on the other side by preparing every case that comes into our offices as if it’s going to go to trial. That gives you the best chance at an optimal settlement.