Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC, is ready to stand with injured victims in Port Hueneme. Our Port Hueneme personal injury lawyers offer a free case consultation to all victims in Ventura County. Contact our office to schedule a free and confidential case review as soon as possible. We work to protect victims from being blamed for their own accidents and fight to get our clients the most possible for an injury claim.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Port Hueneme Accident?
If your accident only involved a few minor scrapes and scratches, you may not need the help of a Port Hueneme personal injury lawyer for your case. If your accident only involves property damage, like a fender bender car accident, your claim may only get you the value of repair or replacement costs. A lawyer probably won’t be able to increase the settlement money you receive.
But if your accident involves you being blamed for an accident you didn’t cause, you should speak to a legal professional at Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC. If insurance companies think they can force you to accept the responsibility, they’ll save hundreds of dollars because they no longer have to pay you anything. Your lawyer uses evidence and witness testimony to keep you from being robbed of compensation.
You also want to turn your case over to a lawyer if you or a loved one suffered serious injuries in an accident caused by a careless individual or business. When recovery costs grow over a broken leg or head trauma, their insurance companies look for ways to escape having to take financial liability. Your lawyer forces them to be accountable and works to get you the maximum compensation available.
Who Is Responsible for My Recovery Costs After a Personal Injury Accident?
Business owners, drivers, landlords, and others owe you a legal “duty of care.” Drivers must act with your safety in mind and avoid careless or reckless actions on busy roads like Channel Islands Boulevard. Store owners must keep hazards out of your way as you walk the aisles. That means cleaning up spilled cooking oil on grocery store aisles before your loved one slips and falls. It means repairing potholes in parking lots before you can trip and land on a kneecap.
Dog owners and landlords are also required to act to keep others safe. When a dog owner allows someone to get bit, they almost always bear responsibility and can be sued. Landlords who don’t repair stairwells and crumbling sidewalks and allow someone to get hurt can be fully liable for the medical costs and lost income of the victim.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Quirk Law of Port Hueneme Handles
Quirk Law rushes to the aid of all victims of accidents caused by others. We help car accident victims. We help members of the U.S. Armed Forces serving at Navel Base Ventura County who are hurt in personal injury accidents.
These are just a few of the types of cases we help our clients win:
- Car Accidents: Our Port Hueneme car accident lawyers safeguard victims after accidents on busy routes like Ventura Road. We also can help victims who are injured on streets and highways in Oxnard and while traveling across Ventura County.
- Truck Accidents: Quirk Law represents victims after they’ve been struck by large semi-trucks or by delivery vans. The truck driver’s employer can also be asked for accident compensation.
- Motorcycle Accidents: We rush to the aid of Port Hueneme motorcycle accident victims who are hurt by careless drivers.
- Pedestrian Accidents:We rush to the aid of pedestrians struck by distracted drivers and fight for support until they are back on their feet.
- Bicycle Accidents: Our Port Hueneme bicycle accident lawyers fight to get full support for cyclists struck by dangerous drivers.
- Dog Bites: Quirk law holds dog owners fully responsible for the hospital care of bite victims.
- Premises Liability: Business owners, property owners, and landlords are responsible for the safety of their tenants, clients, and guests. Local stores like Ralph’s must keep their customers safe from slick puddles on the floor and other slip-and-fall dangers.
- Workplace Accidents: Manufacturing and construction workers can all face dangers in an unsafe workplace. Quirk Law safeguards the rights of employees at offices and in our local ports. Our Port Hueneme Workplace accident lawyers fight to get victims the compensation they need to support their families.
Compensation Available for Port Hueneme Accident Victims
Insurance companies should factor in every hardship you and your family face as you recover when determining the size of an accident settlement check.
Your lawyer will be submitting all evidence when filing an injury claim. This claim will include the damages you’ve endured, both economic and non-economic.
Your Port Hueneme Personal Injury Lawyer will be listing some damages you may not have known could increase the value of your settlement:
- Past medical bills and medical bills reasonably expected to be incurred in the future.
- Past lost earnings and earnings reasonably expected to be lost in the future.
- Long-term support for any permanent disfigurement or disability.
- Support for the pain victims endure in crashes and through recovery.
- Support for the emotional trauma caused by a major accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
- Support for your travel costs as you venture to other cities to see specialists.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have to file a claim after a Port Hueneme accident?
Two years. You must file your claim within two years of suffering a personal injury accident. However, you should act as soon as possible so that evidence doesn’t disappear, and witnesses don’t become harder to locate.
What if I can’t pay a personal injury lawyer?
You can still get the legal protection you need from Quirk Law. We don’t accept payment until after we’ve won your case for you. Then our fee gets paid out of the settlement money you receive.
Can my family earn compensation if a loved one was killed in a personal injury accident?
Yes. If someone was responsible for the death of a loved one, your family can file a wrongful death claim and ask for help with funeral expenses and medical bills. Families must also receive support for the guidance and income the victim can no longer provide in the future.
Contact a Port Hueneme Personal Injury Lawyer
Schedule a free case review with the Port Hueneme Personal Injury Lawyers here at Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC. We can talk about what happened, how it happened, and how it has affected you or your loved one. After that, we will go over all of the legal options available to you and your family.
It’s the easiest way to find out how much your case is worth and how to fight back when insurance companies try to devalue your injuries and hardships.