Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC, protects injured accident victims in Fillmore. Our Fillmore personal injury lawyers offer a free case consultation to all victims in Ventura County. These consultations are confidential and come with no obligation. Contact our office to schedule a case review as soon as possible.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Fillmore Accident?
If your accident only involves very minor injuries and/or only property damage, you probably don’t need a lawyer. You may be on Highway 126 when your car suffers a fender bender. You could fall at a grocery store but only experience some soreness for a couple of days. A lawyer probably can’t help you earn more in support for these accidents.
However, there are two main reasons you could need the help of a Fillmore personal injury lawyer. If you are seriously hurt in a personal injury accident like a dog bite incident or a traffic pileup, you should talk to a local lawyer about your case. Your lawyer may be able to secure more for your family in an injury claim. Your attorney may also end up having to protect you from insurance tactics meant to rob you of compensation.
You should also seek out a free consultation with Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC if you are being blamed for an accident you didn’t cause. This is one tactic of desperate insurance adjusters when they get nervous about how much their companies will have to pay out in benefits. You could end up assigned some fault in an accident you weren’t responsible for if you don’t have the protection of a lawyer.
We Help Our Clients Earn Compensation for Many Types of Personal Injury Accidents
You or a loved one may tumble down a set of stairs at an apartment complex with a loose handrail that should have been fixed months ago. You could be on A Street when a driver looking at an email overlooks a stop sign and rams your car.
These examples of personal injury accidents leave you with the ability to file an injury claim with a careless driver or a negligent landlord. They owe you a duty of care to keep you safe and when they neglect that duty, your family can ask them for help with your physical and financial recovery.
These are just some of the types of personal injury cases we take on and win for our Fillmore clients:
- Car Accidents: Our Fillmore car accident lawyers safeguard victims after they’ve been struck by reckless drivers and suffered serious injuries. We also compassionately represent families who have lost a loved one due to a driver’s mistake.
- Truck Accidents: Quirk Law represents victims after they’ve been in accidents involving large semi-trucks or delivery vans. Local orchards and farms also send out a lot of big, heavy vehicles on local roads. The truck drivers have to be constantly focused or those trucks can cause serious collisions and injuries. The truck driver’s employer can also be asked for accident compensation in some cases.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Quirk Law is an advocate for safe rides for all motorcyclists. That means holding careless drivers responsible when they put a rider’s life at risk. Our motorcycle accident lawyers make sure victims have what they need to recover and return to the rides they enjoy.
- Pedestrian Accidents:We safeguard pedestrians and their families after victims are struck by careless drivers. Our Fillmore pedestrian accident lawyers fight for support until victims are back on their feet. We also help victims find compensation even if a hit-and-run driver escapes justice.
- Bicycle Accidents: Cyclists can take advantage of the Fillmore Bike Path, but there are still times they’ll probably have to take to the lanes alongside distracted and speeding drivers. Our Fillmore bicycle accident lawyers fight to get full support for cyclists struck by dangerous motorists.
- Dog Bites: California law holds dog owners responsible for most bite incidents. That means our Fillmore dog bite lawyers can seek compensation so victims can recover physically and financially. We also fight to get additional support for child victims who may be left with wounds that affect their growth and development in the years to come.
- Premises Liability: Business owners, property owners, and landlords are responsible for the safety of their tenants, clients, and guests.
- Slip-And-Fall Accidents: An extension of premises liability laws, stores must keep their parking lots, aisles, and bathrooms free of obstacles that could cause a customer to trip or slip and suffer an injury. Businesses like Von’s can be fully liable for a victim’s broken wrist or hip fracture when they fail to clean up or repair hazards. Contact a Fillmore Slip-and-Fall lawyer if you are injured due to a store owner or operator’s carelessness.
- Workplace Accidents: Agricultural and construction workers can all face dangers in an unsafe workplace. Quirk Law safeguards the rights of employees at offices and those who spend many hours working for local businesses. Our Fillmore workplace accident lawyers can hold employers responsible when they fail to provide safe workspaces.
Compensation Available for Fillmore Accident Victims
A settlement check should contain support for every hardship you and your family endure while you recover. That can mean providing money to keep up with normal monthly bills, like a mortgage payment or a car payment while you are unable to work.
It should also mean that you never have to worry about the cost of your medical care while you are healing, no matter how long that takes.
Your lawyer will be submitting evidence of the damages you’ve experienced while injured. This list is included with the insurance claim that is filed. It must document every damage so that nothing is left for you to pay afterward.
These are just some of the factors that will be considered when deciding how much you receive in a personal injury accident settlement check:
- Past medical bills and medical bills reasonably expected to be incurred in the future.
- Past lost earnings and earnings reasonably expected to be lost in the future.
- Long-term support for any permanent disfigurement or disability.
- Support for the pain victims endure in crashes and through recovery.
- Support for the emotional trauma caused by a major accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
- Support for your travel costs as you venture to other cities to see specialists.
- Wrongful death support. If you lose a precious loved one in an accident due to someone’s carelessness, you can ask for help in the coming years through a wrongful death claim.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long do I have to file a claim after a Fillmore accident?
Two years. You must file your claim within two years of suffering a personal injury accident. However, you should act as soon as possible so that evidence doesn’t disappear, and witnesses don’t become harder to locate.
What if I can’t pay a personal injury lawyer?
You can still get the legal protection you need from Quirk Law. We don’t accept payment until after we’ve won your case for you. Then our fee gets paid out of the settlement money you receive.
Will I have to go to court to earn justice after my personal injury accident?
Usually not. The vast majority of cases are settled out of court. Insurance companies want to avoid the cost of going to trial and also don’t want their unfair practices exposed before a judge and jury.
Contact a Fillmore Personal Injury Lawyer
Schedule a free case review with the Fillmore Personal Injury Lawyers here at Quirk Accident & Injury Attorneys, APC. We can talk about what happened, how it happened, and how it has affected you or your loved one. After that, we will go over all of the legal options available to you and your family.
It’s the easiest way to find out how much your case is worth and how to fight back when insurance companies try to devalue your pain and hardships.